Wed18Apr20186:30 pmIA&A at Hillyer (formerly Hillyer Art Space) 9 Hillyer Court NW Washington, DC United States 20008
ArtTable Presents Consulting & Freelancing: Making the Leap
ArtTable was founded in 1980 by a group of professional women in the visual arts to foster greater support, recognition, and opportunities among their peers.
Have you considered leaving your organization to try your hand at consulting? Does the appeal of flexible hours and choice of projects sound appealing? What are the risks with striking out on one's own? What are the benefits? This panel brings together four women who have successfully transitioned into consulting and freelance work, each with different reasons and trajectories. One panelist carefully planned the transition for several years (Alison's story), another turned to consulting suddenly when full-time employment ended. One panelist will talk about consulting as a gradual step towards retirement, and another will talk about why she returned to an organization after years as a freelancer. If you are considering striking out on your own, you won't want to miss this event!
- Alison McNeil, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, McNeil Creative Enterprises
- Carlyn Madden, Principal, Carlyn Madden Consulting Services
- Edith Graves, Director of Communications, Anthony Wilder Design/Build and Studio E Partners
- Marsha Semmel, Principal, Marsha Semmel Consulting, formerly Director, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Claire Huschle, Director, Scaffold