Sun30Aug202012:00 pmBlack Funders of St. Louis
The Power of Giving: A National Roundtable Discussion
The Black Funders of St. Louis hosted a lunch & learn webinar series to celebrate Black Philanthropy Month. These roundtable discussions and educational seminars focused on social justice, racial equity, nonprofit growth, civic engagement, and black charitable giving. Series panelists included the brightest Black nonprofit professionals, activists, elected officials & subject matter experts.
Alison was honored to be invited to speak on a national roundtable discussion about her efforts related to launching the Maynor Biggers Artist Fund (MBAF). Alison co-founded MBAF in 2014 with Nefertari Kirkman-Bey Pross. The Maynor Biggers Artist Fund (MBAF) is a giving circle of Hampton University alumni that pools its resources together to invest in artists and artist companies who use their art as a vehicle for social change. MBAF recipients exemplify a true commitment to shifting the narrative, raising awareness, enhancing consciousness around societal ills in communities.
- Akira Barclay, Southside Giving Circle - Chicago, IL
- Ciara Coleman, Purposeful Project - New Orleans, LA
- Valaida Fullwood, New Generation of African American Philanthropists - Charlotte, NC
- Alison McNeil, Maynor Biggers Artist Fund - National
- Tracey Webb, Black Benefactors - Washington, DC
- Maranda Witherspoon-Richardson, Black Funders of St. Louis - St. Louis