Sun23Aug20203:00 pmDance Place
Decolonizing Dance and Shifting the Rubric
The Sole Defined Live! programming series is the brainchild of Dance Place's 2018 Artist in Residence, Sole Defined. The series is intended to convene dance professionals to discuss topics impacting the dance world.
Alison was honored to be invited as a panelist in the session that discussed the realities of being a dance professional in 2020. Topics included philanthropic patterns in the dance community, ways to increase equity across dance genres, and ways to secure funding via the traditional grant making process.
- Nicole Chantal de Weever, Founder & President, Art Saves Lives Foundation
- Conrhonda Baker, Program Associate - Howard Gilman Foundation & Founder- The Best Saka
- Jane Rabinovitz, Co-Director of Dance Programming, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Alison McNeil, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, McNeil Creative Enterprises
- Terina Alladin, Managing Director, International Performing Arts for Youth